Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ruben Bravo is special....

Ruben is a student in my class... He is a brilliant student but is being raised from what I heard by some gang bangers type of people... I do not know them but I know that Ruben acts like a gang banger until he comes into the class and then he shines like a diamond... Today we were going over some of the propositions that are on our ballot and we were talking about legalizing marijuana and Ruben gave an intellectual argument why we should legalize it and then I had the students write their opinion and also tell me which way they would vote... Well the class came up even at 14-14 and the last paper I had to read was Ruben's... I knew which way he was going but I wanted to see how he would craft his argument on paper and then he stunned me... He argued that marijuana should never be legalized... I broke up into a belly laugh and told Ruben to come back to my desk and with a grin he told me he just wanted to shake up the class and that is why he argued for legalization... What a great young man and I am honored to put him into my blog.... Night.... 39

No comments: