Thursday, July 22, 2010

I am not against service projects, but.....

Today we are going to do a service project for a lady that is less active and is Utah born... So, being Utah born she just calls the Elders Quorom President and states that I am moving and I need someone to be here... I asked her to talk to Bishop because she had no money to get a truck and she kind of demanded that I get all the trucks from our ward to do it for her... Well, Bishop asked me to do it and I am so thankful that I have a bout 12 brethern who are going to drop things tonight to help me out... It was her attitude that bothered me and so you see me through this writing having a attitude about this... We will get it done and the Lord will bless us for doing it so all will be well.... I am enjoying my last days of vaction... Teachers are so spoiled as I am in the midst of self pity that I only have a couple of weeks left of an 8 week vaction... It sure isn't like my Mission Tortilla days when I delivered tortillas for 5 years and never had a sick day or a vacation day because it was unheard of in that company... I will never forget the day when I called my Mom (who was the bookeeper in that company)with a 100 degree temperature and an infected ear and I could not get a relief driver because there wasn't any in existence... I used to get up at 2:00 AM and get home about 3:00 PM.... Unbelievable, I think of this everytime I feel that I am having a bad day teaching and then I decide maybe the day isn't that bad after all... Bye.... 39

2 comments:

Munchkin Invasion said...

Biggest pet peeve...when they think we should provide the trucks to boot. Argh...

Me Myself and I said...

Well, here's hoping you don't believe that her attitude was learned in Utah - that would reflect badly on me, don't you think? Love ya!