Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Shot a 69, one under par,,,

This morning playing with Joshua I obtained one of the most important personal goals that I have ever gave to myself in sports... Granted shooting one under par does not compare to church goals like temple, family, and Eternal Life, but for personal sports goals what I did today was as satisfying as anything I have ever done in sports... I never thought that I would shoot par and forget under par... I made a stupid comment one time that if I ever shot par then I can go to my grave in peace, hey, I was just kidding because I want to live a lot longer... And technically I didn't shoot par but one below.... Wow, it really feels good.... I now want to be able to break par every now and then since I have broken the barrier.... I was one under par with yesterday with 5 holes remaining but I blew a par 3 and loss two strokes and then I promptly went down the toilet and ended up with 6 over par and I thought to myself that that was probably my big chance to get par this year... I give the credit to the British Open champion who puts a red mark on his glove to remind him to keep his head down and all day today before I hit the ball I would remind myself to keep my head down and I think I had solid contact the whole day... I appreciate Joshua going with me and Rachelle who let's him go... We wake up at 5:00AM so we can get back and spend the day with the family but I appreciate Josh going with me... He was a great cheeleader and support.... Night.... 39

1 comment:

Munchkin Invasion said...

As soon as I read the title to your posting, I thought, "ah, crap...now he's going to kick the bucket!!!" You better keep on ticking...and set higher goals for yourself! :)