Sunday, August 23, 2009

8-23-09

I went to bed at 10:30 last night and instantly went to sleep. I notice through the night that I was running a fever and then I would have chills. My dreams were vivid and very disturbing. Sunday morning I was suppose to speak in Sacrament meeting and teach in Priesthood meeting. When I woke up I was dizzy and felt out of touch with reality. I called Jason Jay my Counselor in the Elder's Qurom Presdency and told him that he was going to be me today. From what I gathered he did a great job. I stayed home and didn't wake up until 2:30. Anyone that knows me knows that I have a hard time sleeping and no matter what time I go to bed I have a hard time sleeping past 7:00. I had a form of the flu, but at this time I feel quite well. I am tired and that's all. Imagine that, tired. Brian Thomas was called to be an executive secretary in our presidency and he was set apart by Jared. Brian seems to be really excited about his calling. I know that we are going to keep him busy. All the Briggs's from the Lake Los Angeles area came over for tostada salad and delicious peach pie made by Kari. Those who came were Rachael , Joshua, Jacob, Jared and all of the grandkids. We had a delightful evening. I write a sports blog and I really enjoy doing that. I know that very few people will read it but it has always been a dream for me to be columnist in the sports page so people can read my opinions and I pretend that a lot of people will read it. It's kind of like when I used to play basketball by myself as a kid and yet in my mind I was playing with Jerry West and Elgin Baylor of the Lakers. It seemed real then and it feels real to write for everyone today. With this particular blog the only ones I really care to read it is my family. I do want to state though that I know that Jesus lives and is the Son of God. I know it and I know that I belong to his kingdom. I want to endure to the end. Last thought, I have always felt a home sickness for my Father in Heaven and the feeling is real, because I know that my spirit dwelled with him before I was born in the flesh. I have felt these feelings since the time that I spent my first night in the mission home in Salt Lake before I went on my mission to Montana/Wyoming.

No comments: