Saturday, August 29, 2009

Talked to Curt Bench/ 71

I received a phone call from Curt and I wasn't here because I was golfing. I knew something bad happen and I thought for sure that Gordon Bench, Curt's dad has passed away. Instead it was his older brother Allen Bench. Allen Bench, when I was a youth was a real McCoy "Hippee." He fell away from the church but Curt told me how they became very close and he ended up being a paramedic which really blew me away. I am thankful that I do not have to drive up to Utah this week to go to Gordon Bench's funeral but I am thankful that Curt told me about Allen. It is strange how Curt and I hardly ever see each other, nor talk to one another but we remain very close friends. We were introduce to each other when we were 2 years old... We did some crazy things together (maybe, just maybe I might share them someday) and we grew up in the old and famous, Canoga Park 2nd Ward... I went out golfing with Joshua again today and I shot a 71.... That is the best I have ever golfed..... Jared went to the hospital this morning because of pains in his chest and numbness in his arm, but he checked out okay and just had a little bit of a high blood pressure.... We are helping Brian and Rachael in their new home again in just a little bit.... It is a family affair.....

No comments: