Monday, August 24, 2009

I Got Him!

There is a new foe in the horizon who is trying to steal my thunder... He beat me in the family golf tournament in St. George, but he lives in Lake LA so I can attack him as often as the time allows me... The foe is Joshua... Oh, he is kind hearted, but he will stab you in the heart in the heat of competion on who can chase the little white ball with the fewest ammount of strokes... I got him and was able to slay the foe.... Oh it was a struggle but at the end I ripped his heart right out of his chest and ate it for lunch... I beat him with a score of 81,,,, I actually enjoy playing with him very much and since he is the defending champion it just makes the games a little more intense for this old man.... I love my 6th grade class and I am having so much fun with them... I can tell that they are having fun too and I can see some rapid progress already.... Teaching is an amazing art and I can't believe I get paid to do it.... I actually get a lunch break which I never got in the last 7 years when I taught a self contain class of 8th graders that got expelled from school.... Though I only had 15 students at the most yet I had know idea how much they were stretching me.... Oh, I love many of those students and I saw miracles take place but it is neat to teach students who look at you with admiration and the desire for them to please me.... After lunch I threw dictionaries on their desk and roared with a statement that we are going to do dictionary work.... They all moaned and then I proceeded to tell them that we are going to have team competion chasing their spelling words... They had a delightful time and I could see that they are thankful to be in my class... Am I boasting, golly, I don't really want to come of like that because I am truly humble and thankful for my wonderful experiences... Brian and Rachael's house has been funded so they should get their keys shortly... Brian had his first day at college and he has discovered the Institute building and is going to take two classes from the Institute.... Today was a very good day and I am thankful that the Lord is so kind to me.... I love my Heavenly Father very much.... I am thankful for Venna and the valiant person she is and how she has time and energy to support me so much.... I am a blessed man....

No comments: