Thursday, February 25, 2010

A giant of a women passed away.... Grandma Good

I kind of expected it, but she seem like such an invincible woman while Venna and I grew up together... She was a hero to both of us and she allowed Venna and I to be able to serve at such a capacity that we were literally working ourselves to a peak of service... Venna and I were starving to serve the Lord and we did not see a single youth that we did not latch on to and wanted that youth to go to the temple and every young man to go on a mission... While we did that Ruth Good would watch Scott, Becca, and Joshua constantly and never complaining... That includes Bob Good who still has never joined the church... I sat next to Ruth the very first Sunday that we went to church... She heard me sing and I am proudly the only one and I mean absolutely the only person whom she never asked to sing in the choir... Yet, she loved me and cared for me... She supported me in everything that I did.... She was there in Anaheim caring for our family and my children adore's her... She had a son name David who died in his 30ties and that was a painful funeral to go to and yet she was bolstering all of us up... My children love their grandparents in a way that is touching and they also felt the same about Bob and Ruth and what was really cool is that my parents and Venna's parents did not begrudge them one bit but also appreciated the support they gave us.... It helped that while they were helping us with our kids that we also tried our best to reach her teenage children, Linda and Richard Good.... I love Ruth very much and in every passing of my love ones I fear less and less about passing away because many of my best friends are going across the veil... I am anxious to see my Dad and my grandparents and now Ruth will be there and that is comforting.... Ruth could really sing... She had a powerful and yet, a beautiful voice.... She had a snappy personality and never lacked for enthusiasm until the last time I saw her and she looked worn down and beat... You could still see her powerful Spirit but the body was giving out... It was a true testament that the body had it's limits but the Spirit is eternal... Wow, who am I that I should be so close to this woman... Why us?.... Thank you Ruth for loving me, my wife, and especially my children.... We will never foget you and have fun leading the Eternal choir... I love you, Grandma Good.... 39

1 comment:

Scott Briggs said...

I have the exact same sentiments that you have. I lived with three sets of Grandparents my whole life and the love I have for this woman is exactly the same with my blood grandparents. I am so glad that she is waiting for me in the veil and I hope she is enjoying her time with those who crossed the veil before her.