Sunday, April 18, 2010

Exercise, exercise faith....

This morning I woke up at 6:30 and like many Sundays I just wanted to go back to bed or just stay home and take it easy... The problem is that this church is true and it is the Lord's church and I cannot afford to stay home... I knew that I would be going to meetings starting at 8:30 and go until 1:00... After that I would need to go and visit homes and get my home teaching done.... All of this is an opportunity to exercise faith... To take a particle of faith and exercise it so that it might grow to a perfect knowledge... It is not easy to be a member but it is even tougher not to be a member... When I finish the Sabbath Day I always feel peace and harmony with the Spirit... I also had the opportunity to bless Paul Fransen and his Son with Tom Jay at 9:00 tonight.... It is a battle and satan works hard.... I am thankful to see the faithfulness of my family, especially Bo and Taylor... They are handling this teenage stuff really well... I am amazed on how well they do in this computer time of our lives.... I love my wife very much.... She is such an inspiration to me and she has so much patience for me also... She makes me strong, she is my love.... I watched Bradon give a talk today and Riley a Spiritial thought and it reminded me of the days that my mom would prepare me for talks in Primary.... She would teach me what I would say on Saturday and then I would repeat it at least 15 times from Saturday to Sunday morning when I would give my talk... Oh, that's right it was Junior Sunday School, because Primary was on a week day.... But I remember getting up there and being so nervous that I would forget my talk, I believe I remembered most of the time.... I do remember one time that I was in tears trying to remember and my mom was trying to lip the key words to me in the congregation and then I got on track again.... I thank my mom for taking that time with me to teach me what to say... Bradon and Riley did a great job... Night.... 39

No comments: