Monday, August 30, 2010

36 wonderful years.... I am a lucky man!

It is impossible to put into words how happy I am to be married to Venna... This may sound strange, but our love is so strong that I did not have to do something crazy to prove my love for her... We are low on money this month, it happens, so we had 14 dollars lying around and we went to Subway and had dinner... Most of our conversation was about the triumphs of Glenn Beck, but occasionally we would add a "I love you" or how thankful we are that we have spent the last 36 years together.... I have shared already how we met and that is a miracle, but the major thing is that we have 8 wonderful children that look like they are all going to be sealed in the temple and all of them will be college graduates.... That is my wife's and my life in a nutshell... We live in Lake LA and she has never questioned it once... She is still beautiful and I am a lucky man.... I don't know why we are here, but I can say that strong impressions have kept me here, I guess I will never leave, but I love the people here and again I am a lucky man.... Wade called me up today and we are going to the temple next week, I am looking forward to going with him, I am a lucky man.... My class was so kind to me when I got back and they are working for me, they seem to love my class and I have had zero problems, I am a lucky man.... My Mom told me about being in Fairview and when everyone went into a Art Museum mom stayed out and sat on a bench, and she told me that Dad was with her the whole time, she felt his presence, I have great parents, I am a lucky man.... I have a Father in Heaven who is allowing me to commune with him in prayers and I feel his presence in a powerful way several times this past week and I realize that I have been sealed to him, well, I am a lucky man.... Rachael is pregnant and she is thrilled to have the baby and that will make 22 grandchildren, yes, yes, I am a lucky man.... Thank you Venna for having me, because by you having me, that makes me the luckiest man in the whole world.... Night.... 39

No comments: