Sunday, January 3, 2010

I did not forget....

I called my Mother yesterday with the thought of my Dad's anniversary of his death on Jan. 2nd, 2008 was on my mind... I sat down about 5 times yesterday to write on it but I just couldn't get the juices flowing because I wanted it to be an appropriate tribute... I did forget to write once the evening came... My Dad is with us still because I try to live my life like he lived his... I always say hi to someone who looks a little scary or intimidating.... I will always say hi to someone who I don't remember... I enjoy watching sports with my children and my Grandchildren when the time becomes appropriate... I try hard to serve well in church... I drive crazy like he did at times and thus has been given the nickname "Indiana Jones".... I am going to go and see as many things that my Grandchildren participate in that is possible... I love my wife and she is my best friend... I loved coaching my kids in sports, but I never became the coach that my Dad was... I want to have as big a heart as my dad but that probably will never happen but I would like to see anyone with as big a heart as my dad had... My dad would love all the opportunities that I have to watch sports.... I want to read the scriptures everyday like my Dad did with Mom... I believe that my Dad would have been a great teacher if he chose to go that direction and would have been a great Bishop if he was active his whole life... He was full of love and care and I believe he represents Charity as described in Moroni 7 like no one else that I have been associated with....
Last night Joshua and I gave Jared a blessing... He is really sick... I saw him today and he is getting better but not much.... I taught a lesson today in the Elders Quorum meeting and I believe it went well... I bore my testimony for the first time for quite awhile because I was Spiritually dazed by a member who thought I was not there for clean up after a lunch we have after church and thought that I don't act like the person who claimed to know that God lives... It wasn't my assignment to do the clean up and actually I wasn't even there, but some how this person took it out on me... Yea, I was dealt a little blow by that, yea, I know that I should have shrugged it off but, I guess I didn't... But I am okay now, and ready to press forward... The person I am talking about is a good friend though and if she cared to think that she might have been crueled to me it would be okay because I would forgive her... Easily.... I know that I do not live a perfect life but nevertheless I do have a testimony of my Father in Heaven and His Son Jesus Christ... Night... 39

1 comment:

Munchkin Invasion said...

I just wrote a post about Grandpa - and then I checked your blog and saw yours!! I loved it...it was all so true about him...what a great man he was.