Sunday, January 17, 2010

Jeffrey Hollands spoke to me.....

We had Stake Conference this morning and it was the satelite version and Southern California was the audience... Jeffrey Holland talked about forgiving yourself, but the part I was really touched by was when he commented that Heavenly Father rejoices and remembers all the good things we do, and that He appreciates it when we do it... In my mind I have always figured that being kind or good was a given and that it is our bad deeds that would be remembered, wow, that doesn't speak very highly of a loving Father in Heaven... It really hit me that he does recognize all the good things we do and that thrills us like our children makes us happy when they do good things.... I also felt the Spirit hit me quite profoundly that Heavenly Father loves me... I needed that... I was thrilled when President Martz sought us out (his words not mine) and I told him that I wanted to talk to him because Rachael (Rachael was right next to me at the time) and her husband Brian were going to get sealed on March 6th and that they wanted him to seal them... He agreed to it and gave mom instructions to wear white because she will be the one who will help with Rachael's kids during the ceremony and that the rest of us would be dressed in our Sunday Best... My goodness to have a friend who is in his position is quite a blessing to me... I will never forget all the experiences we had together when he was the Stake President and I was the Bishop... Things are bad down in Haiti... They had a tremendous earthquake and helter skelter is taking place down there.... My prayers are with them... We are also expected to have a lot of rain this week and it makes me wonder how the homes are going to be at the burnt spots.... Night... 39

No comments: