Monday, January 18, 2010

I do remember Martin Luther King...

We have a major storm coming in so I went to town and did some shopping so we could get some staple items in case it floods... I actually kind of enjoyed it but I was not to excited when I left... The rest of the day was i was busy being lazy and watching for a big storm and all we got was some scattered showers... I am glad though because California is just primed for a lot of mud slides... Venna got a lot of work done also, so it was a good day.... I really do admire Martin Luther King... He did everything with peace and non violence on his mind... My parents were confused by him and I got some misinformation on him when I was young but I now know that he was a great man and I have been so bold to say that he was an Elias for the cause of the Priesthood being given to the blacks... I believe he led the way and it was his extraordinary life that prompted President Spencer W. Kimball to pray and ponder the plight of the black man in our age... I remember being in the parking lot during a lunch time and listening to the radio... I was working for House of Fabrics... And I heard a news bulletin and it told us of the decision by the Latter Day Saints church to give the Priesthood to the all males and that all could go to the temple... I remember crying to a near uncontrollable state with joy for that marvelous revelation... Since then we have had many, many great black people receive the opportunity to go to the temple to do Eternal work.... Night... 39

No comments: