Saturday, May 1, 2010

The General Authority was Elder Cook....

Yea, I feel pretty bad that I was not thrilled about going to Magic Mountain land to see a General Authority, but then it was Elder Cook the Apostle... There was about 20 Elder Quorom presidents in the High Councel room and he spent an hour with us... He was wondering about the time and burdens, blessings, responsibilities of being an Elder Quorom President... He and Elder Oaks are rewriting the General Handbook and he was glossing some information as they prepare to write about Elder Quoroms.... It was a very informal but spiritual meeting.... When he came to shake hands with us I was touched and as usual had misty eyes and he shook my hand and then patted the top of my hand with his other hand... A little thing but it felt so comforting... I also felt the Spirit when he offered an Apostalic blessing on all of us.... It was very special and it reminded me again just how true our church is... Now, on a sour note, Bo's volleyball team lost 3 games to 2 and they were all close... Littlerock won the first and fourth game and Palmdale won the rest.... Two of the games went into extra scoring and one game the other team won because Bo got a Red card and the other team was given a point and it was the game point.... I know it sounds like sour grapes but I know the official that did the game and she is awful, and to top it off she is arrogant and a know it all and she allowed Palmdale to throw the ball rather than hitting it the whole game... Even the coach of Palmdale was laughing about it... The official ruined a great match up and a very important game.... Bo did not deserve the card and believe me I would say it if it was deserving... It was rediculous... I am afraid that she stuck it to him because the name on the back was Briggs and I am sure she did not like Josh and I during that game... My voice is loud and I am sure she heard all my Wows everytime the threw the ball which was about 20 times.... I'm happy to see the Lakers go on to the second round... Night... 39

No comments: