Sunday, September 13, 2009

Golf, BYU, USC, Tyler Perry

This morning Joshua and I went out golfing..... I got my revenge and scored an 80.... I then went to the auto dealer to get a light bulb for our headlight on the Corolla... That was a move that made life easier for Venna so she could drive at night.... When I got home from that I settled in my front room and watched 3 games by alternating channels and they all 3 ended up like I wanted.... BYU beat Tulane by 50 points, UCLA beat Tenneessee, and Notre Dame loss also... There were a number of upsets so I believe that BYU might be in the 7th in the nation range on that polls this week... Then Venna and I went to see the movie, "Tyler Perry I Can Do Bad Enough By Myself".... I always love to see Tyler Perry's movies because they are hysterical one moment and your crying in the next, but what I really love is being in a theatre filled with my black friends and seeing their faces and wondering why Venna and I are there.... Personally, we should not be the only race outside the blacks seeing this movie because the message is great for all of us.... This one may have been my favorite though, but I am not sure because I love them all.... Venna and I always see his movies either the 1st or 2nd night because we want to be amongst the crowd because their reaction is also part of the fun of watching his movies... When we came home I had the opportunity to see a very good USC-Ohio State game on DVR and I thought my Ohio State loving son and law Brent was going to finally have the last laugh.... Nope, he needs to suffer some more because USC barely won in the final seconds of the game.... Now the build up is there for the BYU-Florida State game and I am absolutely lucky to be able to be with my brother Wayne in seeing that game.... I fly out Wednesday night so I can spend Thursday with Scott and Corinne's family and then it will be Wayne Briggs style of living for the next 3 days... I am really looking forward to it... I hope that on Thursday or Friday night one of Derek or Travis kids plays football or soccer.... I am ready to go to church now and I am thankful to be a member of the Saviors church, I can't believe that I have been touched by the Saviors hand and the peace of mind that I experience in this mortal and troubled times..... Night!

1 comment:

Munchkin Invasion said...

I'll be cheering BYU on, but mostly, because I would LOVE for you to see that live...BYU beating Florida St...what a moment!!! Hope it happens!!!