Sunday, September 6, 2009

Wow, BYU beat Oklahoma

Bo and I screamed and cheered and plenty of high fives all around.... BYU football team pulled of the major upset against the mighty Oklahoma team... ESPN constantly told us about how great Oklahoma is but now they have one loss under the hands of the BYU team.... BYU needs to beat Tulane in Louisianna and then they will play a home game against Florida State and I will be up in Provo to see that game with my brother, Wayne..... He has these alumni tickets and he is taking me as a guest... I believe that it will be the biggest game in BYU history, at least the biggest home game.... I love football season, it is just a wonderful time of the year for us sports fanatics.... Today there was major turmoil in our ward in the activities area and it really looked like it was going to burst into a full fledge problem.... Because of the confidentiality of the situation I cannot go into details, but I believe that I was able to help smooth it over by not getting emotional and just coming up with solid plans to take care of emotional issues... The Lord doesn't want us to act out on our emotions but to pause and listen and then act according to the Spirit that we are blessed to have in situations that dictate calmness.... It helps to have wonderful counselors who support me, so much.... Brian and Rachael have there family in there new home.... I think Brian is a little overwhelmed, but the kids are so excited to be in their own home.... Rachael is a real trooper also.... We are all in our own homes and this chapter in our life is over.... It was tough and we had to excercise a lot of faith in the decisions we made because many of them went against what Venna and I believe in.... President Obama is a scary person and I mean to use the word scary.... I have never heard him state that he loves our country, speak fondly of it, or speak with reverance with our Founding Father..... Instead he wants to change our country in the image of Obama and not in the Lord's image.... Oh, our country has never been perfect but it did provide a perfect setting for the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ... It is the light on the hill where the gospel began and now is spreading into all the world, but I am convinced that Satan is working on President Obama in a way that is counter productive to the work of the Lord.... The majority of the nation is fighting him with there words but it seems like a long time before we can vote our voice as wicked men systimatically destroy the fiber of our country.... So, I am glad that all my children have homes as we get set to hold on tight while we ride this wild ride.... The young people have know idea what America is really like.... They cannot possibly know what a blessing it is to live in this land and the freedoms that we have, they are being polluted with the doctrine that our government needs to take care of us.... I am very thankful for the Bible and Book of Mormon that testifies that Jesus is the Christ and especially the Book of Mormon because it helps us to understand how great this land is that we live on and that it is God's land and the only God that will be worshipped in this land is Jesus Christ.... Night!!!

No comments: