Saturday, September 26, 2009

It happens every time!

It was the Saturday that I knew was coming but I wasn't looking forward to it.... I love to golf on Saturday morning and our stake had a priesthood breakfast and meeting.... I went because I know the church is true, but I wasn't excited about skipping my golf game.... The stake put on a great breakfast with scramble eggs, pancakes, sausage and bacon.... Then there was the meeting, heck I was even going to speak in it by invitation by President Banfield, but I still was not excited about being there.... But according to D&C 130:20-21 you are blessed for doing good things and that was established even before this world was created and sure enough I left the meeting with tears in my eyes and the warm peaceful spirit of the Lord for being there... While I was speaking and getting ready to bear my testimony I asked President Banfield if I could have two more minutes to say something and he of course was gracious and said that it was okay, well I experienced a stupor in thought and I told the brethern that I experienced that and I told them that I will bear my testimony instead.... I had that stupor of thought until President Banfield talked about the very thing that I was going to talk about but he said it much more profound and obviously with the authority that a Prophet of a Stake has and it hit me wow I was going to say that but the Spirit wanted President Banfield to say it..... He spoke about the fact that doing the will of the Lord (then he promised us) will allow us to feel the Spirit everytime we do the Lords work..... I am now home watching the Cal/Oregon football game and I am really able to enjoy it because I made a wise decision this morning.... I am taking Venna out for a date tonight and we are going to see a movie and wow, she looks good, I am anxious to take her out... She is my best friend.... Night!

No comments: